Saturday, October 18, 2008

We're going to zoo, zoo, zoo.

Today the zoo was having a free day, so we decided to brave it on a Saturday and make a go of it. We missed the last free day because Oliver had to go in for an emergency tooth filling. It was such beautiful weather here (80 degrees ) and the kids were so excited to go. I must have had a crazy moment, because if I had known how crowded it was going to be I think I would have passed. We had a good time though and the kids were great (except for one constantly hungry boy) and it was nice to walk around in the sunshine. We left around lunchtime and headed over to a park near downtown that Trent had designed a few years ago to have a picnic and play. I think the kids could have stayed out and played all day if we would have let them. But the day had worn me out, and it was time to go back to real life where everyday things have to get done. I do so love these warm Autumn days that push you to go outside and enjoy.

Isabel - hanging out at the park.


Everyone enjoying the day - even if Phoebe doesn't look like it


Phoebe kickin it with the gorillas


Miles soaking it all in


Oliver - climbing to the top


Trent and me ready to call it a day.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Fun. We went to the free day last week. It was super crazy.

And you know that "We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo" song too? I thought Kraig made it up.

And do you feel a weight off your shoulders?

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun day! You were very brave to go on a nice, sunny, warm, free, Saturday at the zoo! Glad everyone had a good time.

How are you feeling about the official release? My family is gone, we'll have to chat soon...

Noah And Kai said...

Looks like such a fun day... You know we love visitors. If the food is what gets you here, we'll take it.
By the way, I'm sitting here listening to Tom and Ian talk on the phone about things I don't understand and wondering if anyone really gets them except each other!

Erika said...

You are brave, I never zoo on Sat let alone free days! You are a great mom with much patience! I complained all day Sat...why is it so hot, it's October!