Friday, October 3, 2008

To the Moon and Back

For my five Friday favorites I want to list 5 amazing people who in their own ways make my life more enriched and blessed just by having them in my life. I love them to the moon and back and then some more. Here they are:

Isabel
(this is this years school picture which she hates, I think she looks
cute but who loved their own 8th grade picture?)

My smiley Miles(I don't think he ever takes a bad picture)

My Oliver who is a tough kid (more about that down below)

My sweet and silly Phoebe

Trent- my rock, who my heart belongs to.

P.S. Oliver went to the ENT today to evaluate his nose, again and why he still isn't breathing after 2 surgeries. The doctor looked in his nose and his turbenate which is what she operated on was still clear and open. So she discovered by looking around that what she thinks is that he also is suffering from a chronic sinus infection. She said that when she pushed right between his eyes she could feel the infection way up there. She thinks Oliver hasn't complained because he probably doesn't know any different because he's had it for so long.( making him the tough kid) She thinks that his nasal cavities retain infection easily. She put him on 21 days worth of antibiotics hoping to clear up the infection and also Rhinocort which is a nasal spray. She put afrin in his nose today and he could actually breathe for the first time in a long time. You can only use afrin for 3 days at a time. The doctor says we should see a difference in 7 days (I'm hoping for his sake). She also said that from now on whenever he gets a cold we will probably have to use afrin the first 3 days to open his nasal cavities so that infection won't build up, she said that many people have to do this. I just hope this is the final thing to do on the goal to make Oliver breathe normally. He said today "Listen mom, I can breathe and smell" How sad that what we take for granted made such a huge difference to him.

4 comments:

karenc said...

I am on that moon ride with you! got to love them so much. love the pictures.

karenc said...

I pray that Oliver's problem is solved!!! you know that I have the same problem and I use a nasal spray twice daily, and since I started this two years ago, I have not even had a cold...My other option was surgery...so good luck to Ollie.

Melissa said...

That poor kid, his sinuses have been quite the saga! I so hope for his sake that it is resolved. That is pure misery. But wouldn't it be nice if this could be a final, simple solution (which you have earned!).

p.s. I went on a crazy wild "raven" chase today looking for those blackbirds. My Michael's was out, checked Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart and Target, to no avail. Finally started calling around and finally found some at Michael's in Westminster! Crazy. I even went stick hunting today, and then couldn't find the stinkin' birds!

Crazy the distances we'd travel for those we love, even to the moon. You have a great family. Hold tight to them.

Anonymous said...

I too hope they can figure out the issues with Oliver, poor kids.