Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Trusty Sidekick

Trent went off to a field trip with Miles, and Isabel who is on fall break went off to babysit all day, so it was just PHOEBE and I alone again. I feel so lucky that I didn't have all my kids super close just for the fact that I still get to have one home with me for a little while longer. I don't know what I will do when she goes off to school and I'm home by myself(I'm a little worried). Anyway, she is a good little sidekick. After everyone had gone we had cupcakes and milk for breakfast(she asked, and it's not going to hurt is it?) after, because she thinks she needs 2 breakfasts, she sat on the counter and helped me make a batch of oatmeal. While sitting there, she told me a riddle. She said "Mom, here's a riddle: a monster went into the garbage and got an apple." ( I pretend to understand, she's giggling, and in her world she thinks it's funny.) She followed me around the house while I cleaned up talking nonstop(I love it, will she always talk to me like this? I hope so). WE sang songs, because that's what she likes to do now. We sang until I ran out of songs. I then ask her what she wants to do, she asks if we can watch her Little Pony movie? I say yes, and she asks "are you going to talk on the phone while we watch?(cuz I never do that...) I say no, so we sit in our pajamas on the couch with her head in my lap. It's 75 degrees out so we go outside and I watch her run around in the sun (does the day have to end?). There's something special about every child, but knowing she's my last I'm trying to savor each and every moment knowing this is the last time I will have a 3 year old. I hope she will stay my sidekick for many more moments longer with days like this. We were very glad to have everyone come home to us though at the end of our day.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You sure crafted the perfect day in a life of a 3-year-old! I, too, am glad I didn't have my kids super close together. Oh wait... :)

Enjoy your little sidekick!

SnellieFam said...

We should all cherish our three year olds that way!