Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Sunday Six

So here a few things either I've thought about or done this week:
1.Yesterday was a trip to the pumpkin patch, we waited a little long this year, but I figure we still have a week to go yet. Anyway, all the kids quickly chose their pumpkin except for Phoebe who was on a mission to find the perfect pumpkin. Every pumpkin seemed to be to "scratchy", have green on it not the right shape and so on...I"m glad to say she finally found one to her liking.



2.Last night Trent and I went to a Halloween party hosted by our friends Josh and Erica. It was great fun. We dressed up, had lots of great food, played fun games, and had fantastic entertainment. It was nice to get out and have fun with grown ups.

3.I've always felt torn between having my kids share rooms with each other and thinking I'm doing a disservice to them because no one shares rooms it seems now days. I can't help think sometimes it's not a bad thing though because I do love to hear my boys giggle in the dark with each other in their bunk beds. And this morning I went into the girls bedroom to wake them up and found them snuggled up to each other(yes they share a bed) with limbs intertwined looking so peaceful and sweet. I couldn't help but pause and think this is what's great about having siblings; dreams, secrets, giggles, stories, and bonds to share.

4.Last week I was released as Primary President and so this week for the first time in 2 1/2 years I sat in Sunday School with nothing to do but listen. I miss the kids in primary but I've moved on to Young Women's for new exciting adventure teaching the Mia Maids. Who knew I could feel so rested on a Sunday.

5.The one good thing about having Trent home is that he can finish projects. We found a ridiculously cheap, solid wood dresser on Craigs List for the girls room that he was able to refinish and paint to beautiful perfection...now onto the next project.

Before/After

6.I'm so grateful for long distance phone calls. I talked to my mom and dad this week. Even though they are so far away in Israel, when they call on the phone it makes them feel so close. They give so much encouragement, comfort, and loads of love that I feel so lucky to have them only a phone call away. Only 6 more months!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OK, Miss "I don't dress up!" You've been holding out on me! ;) Great costumes, sounds like a fun party. Great work on the dresser, Isabel is still using a dresser I bought for $25 years ago and refinished in white. You guys had great weather for the pumpkin patch, glad it was fun. And a relaxing Sunday sounds dreamy to me! I guess did have about 3 months of it over the summer, but that already feels like a distant memory to me...

Noah And Kai said...

Great costumes! Tom and I were supposed to go to a Halloween part this weekend, but couldn't end up going. We were going to dress up as each other - he in one of my dresses, me in baggy pants with drawn on tattoos. Too bad we missed it...
You have to see High School Musical. I can't guarantee you'll love it, but I do!

Jacqui said...

Are your parents on a mission? We just started using a webcam and Skyping Kraig's parents in Japan. It's fantastic! I highly recommend it.

I have a hard time with Sunday school ever since I was released from primary in my last ward. Just not exciting enough :) Where are the hand puppets?

It was fun to see you at the party!