Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy Izzy



Ok, I don't think I ever have called her Izzy, but I couldn't help myself, it rhymed. It's always been Isabel. Anyway she gets my post today because she is the only one who is busy at the moment, with the boys being off track and all. She is busier now than I ever was at her age. I thought I would catch up on all her goings on. She just finished track and has now moved on to National Junior Honor Society. It is primarily focused on service and you have to maintain a 3.5 average(which she manages to do easily with flying colors, she didn't get that from me). She will have to do 25-30 hours of service outside of school on her own time. She is also running for Student Body President. I won't be surprised if she wins, she is very confident(also not from me) and she is the friendliest girl I know. I wish her luck. She's taking swimming lessons that we signed up for last month, I thought it was about time that she learned how to save herself if needed. She's taught herself how to swim but not very well. Anyway, she has 2 after school clubs, lessons twice a week, and Young Women's every week. She also has about 3 hours of homework a night. I seriously don't know how she does it all, with a smile to boot. I think kids now days are definitely more stretched for time than I ever remember being. I'm happy if she's happy though. And really Isabel is the most sunny person who always looks at the positive(another thing she didn't get from me, is she my daughter? I think she must have gotten it from her grandmothers.) I'm still waiting for the tough teenage years that I hear about with girls. She's not perfect but we don't have the total mood swings yet, or the meltdowns(I totally feel lucky). Isabel is also a very wise girl, she told me last night as we were driving in the car that she is sure that Heavenly Father is watching out for our family and knows that he takes care of us. How did I get so lucky as to be blessed with someone so sweet? Sometimes I feel like she is going to grow up and be gone before I know it. I'm trying to keep the apron strings tied to me so I can keep her close. She is just one of the evidences I have that Heavenly Father loves me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is busy Izzy! I agree I was not that busy at her age. Good luck with Student Body President!!

Melissa said...

She is not only Busy Izzy, but Beautiful Isabel as well! She is looking so grown up, and she is genuinely a good, kind, positive, sunny girl. You are truly blessed to have her! I hope my Isabel turns out half as good - I'd be happy with that!

karenc said...

oh my heavens, stop that girl from growing up. Isabel you are such a beautiful girl both inside and out.I am so proud of you..keep up the good works, you are my bright and shining star...love you so much.GT.