Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've Got A Secret


Trent and I won some movie tickets, but last night Trent gave up his to let me and Isabel go off to the movies together. We went and saw THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES. We loved it! I read the book a few years ago when it first came out and really liked it. Last night I was not disappointed. The movie is just as good as the book(which doesn't happen very often). It's a movie that makes you happy(which everyone needs). It's a movie about what family really means, and finding love in unexpected places. If I didn't already have a wonderful mother who loves me, I would want these 4 strong women in the movie to love me instead. The movie and book take place in the turbulent South in the 60's which adds to the story. I love most southern novels to begin with, it takes you to a different place. Anyway if you are looking for a sweet movie that even though there is some sadness, love triumphs in the end, then grab a girlfriend, your mother, sister, daughter, or a sensitive husband and go find out what the secret of the movie holds.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Glad you liked the movie, you know me, I am always negative when it comes to liking movies about books I love. We need to pick a time to go see it together. Make it another great girls night out.