Saturday, November 1, 2008

Isabel's Halloween Bash (I'm Tired)

The kids pumpkins

First off, let's pretend I never showed you the Halloween costumes last week and this is the first time you've seen them. And plus Isabel wasn't in the last pictures. So here they are in all their Halloween glory. I think we've put our costumes to good use this year due to school parties, and ward trunk or treat, and to official Halloween last night! Just wait till I show you all the candy(I don't quite know what to do with it all, it can't be good to just let the kids eat it all, is it?)

Now onto the real reason for the post. Isabel, who's birthday is over July 4th weekend can never have a party because no one is ever around, so this year I said instead of a birthday party- why don't we just have a party during the year. So this is what she wanted-a HALLOWEEN BASH. She invited 11 girls over for a costume party and sleepover (I know, I'm a little crazy).
All the girls, except the two that were late.
Anyway, they went trick or treating, played lots of games, ate, read scary stories, screamed, giggled, non stop talking, and did it all some more. I left them to their own devices around 11:00(I was soo tired, have I turned old already? I remember when I was 13 and staying up all night with my friends) I fell to sleep instantly, and woke up at 2:30 to screaming and giggling girls. I tried in my nicest voice to tell them to try to keep it down(Phoebe and the boys somehow slept through all of it) I think they tried really hard but I didn't hear them settle down until after 3:00(I think that means they were having a good time, right?) Anyway we got up and fed them a pancake breakfast and said the last goodbyes around 11:00. I just have to say I'm still recovering from it all, and I'm glad tonight is Daylight Savings and we get an extra hour of sleep tomorrow!! Isabel said she had an "amazing " time and that is all that matters. I hope everyone had a great Halloween!! We did

An idea of the stash

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a nice and fun (and brave) mom you are! Ahhh, the memory of sleepovers. The party looks great, love your decorations. The costumes are perfection, and the candy, is well, a LOT. Just breathe, Halloween won't return for a whole year ;)

Erika said...

The party looks like it turned out awesome! I love the decor on the table it looks so cute. Tell Isabel she stole my costume for next year!