Friday, November 14, 2008

Nothing Really Going On...

I noticed I hadn't posted since last Saturday, and I realized nothing of much importance has gone on. It's kind of hard to post when nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I try to keep in mind that in the ordinary, memories are created. But I thought I should post something, anything, a little something, so here's my attempt to make the ordinary seem somewhat exciting, interesting, bearable to read? Let's get started...

the boys on their way to school

1. IT'S ABOUT TIME-We finally woke up to snow. It's pretty late in the season for Colorado to just now get our first snow in the 2nd week of November. It's cold-but not for too long. Phoebe was desperate to get out and play in the snow. By midday the sun was out and the snow was melting,Phoebe said"It's not fair, the snow is just going to melt." It's supposed to be nice this weekend much to my kids dismay.Maybe some more snow is around the corner, or maybe it will come again in time Phoebe's birthday, that would be a good gift.

not much snow, but she'll take it

2.IT'S CONFERENCE TIME- Today Isabel had the day off from school because of parent teacher conferences. The boys conferences are on Monday. They only had good things to say-She got straight A's this quarter(I'm such a proud mom I can't help but share). It's sometimes nice to hear that I'm doing something right as a parent, when I doubt myself so often.

Isabel taking a self portrait

3.AM I A BEAR?- For some reason in the fall I start to feel the need to nest. Start organizing , clearing , and cleaning up neglected spaces. I like all the foods of autumn, cooking in autumn is much more enjoyable, making my house smell yummy and cozy. Am I ready to hibernate for the winter or what? Instead of spring cleaning, I like the idea of autumn cleaning(now if I can just get my kids on board).

4.ANGELS AROUND US-Last Sunday I went to a fireside, where Mariama Kallon spoke. She is a woman from Sierra Leone who lived through a civil war, and found the gospel. She was featured in an article in the November 2006 New Era. Read it here (http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=7d5a35c4ceeae010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1). Anyway she had such a warm smile, contagious laugh and her voice was filled with hope. She talked of her conversion, but over and over she spoke of the scripture found in D&C 84:88 "..there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Still at the end of this week, she has stuck with me as well as her message. We do have the Spirit and we do have angels that come in all forms who are around us, lifting us up. Truly inspiring..She made me grateful for all that I have.

5. AGENDA FOR THE WEEKEND. So what's on my plate this weekend, let's see-Enrichment dinner tonight, temple with Trent in the morning. I've got to get a jump on two book club books,both of which are next week. We're reading Garden Spells, and Killer Angels(such contrasting titles don't you think?) and I've got to finish the book I'm reading right now, it's overdue at the library. I'm reading THE OTHER QUEEN. And of course more cleaning of my house. What's a weekend without it? With them all home all weekend, it gets messy really fast(I've got messy children who drop and leave anything, anywhere. Knowing that I can't stand it, I end up either yelling, begging or giving up and picking it up for them.)


So that wraps up all the "exciting" stuff going on in my neck of the woods(not really, I live on the plains,who am I kidding?). Hopefully next week I'll have something better to offer. But since it's finally cold, I think I'm ready for hot chocolate, whip cream, and cinnamon sprinkled on it, right about now. Have a happy weekend!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I've had a totally blah-feeling week, and judging by other blogs and conversations, I think it's kinda common right now. Yay for good conferences, and I broke out the hot chocolate this week with the downturn in temps. Although I see 60s on the horizon, whatever...

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I hope you find some time to curl up and read this weekend.

The Easton Family said...

I thought I was the only one who did "autumn cleaning"! I feel the same way... time to clean up, cozy up and hunker down for the winter! :)

Erika said...

I feel the same about nesting. I should be laying on the couch post-baby but I can't help it, I feel the urgent need to organize the junk drawer and purge all closets. I want to know what you think of "Garden Spells."

Noah And Kai said...

I used to hate the snow, but I have to say, seeing it in pictures makes me miss it... Maybe only because I'm not freezing, or scraping it off my car, or sidewalks. Your pictures are darling.