Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Five

Here are a few things that I find myself thinking about this Friday, some good, some bad.

We'll start with the bad:

1. I just keep telling myself I love her-My Phoebe, who was being a very naughty 3 year old, because she was mad at her dad, took scissors and cut my duvet cover on my bed. I don't even know what to do. I hope that in a few years I'll look back and chuckle and tell her stories of bad things she used to do, but for now I still have a little steam coming out my ears.

Now onto better things:

2.I'm trying to patiently wait for this new CD Gossip in the Grain to come in at the library for me. Unfortunately I can't run out to buy frivolous things that would make me happy or else it would've already been bought. Ray Lamontagne is someone I love, he could sing anything and I would listen. I have two of his songs below, so give it a listen if you want to. He's fantastic!

3. I find decorating for Thanksgiving very hard because the colors and things I use for decorations normally for my house look like Autumn already. I did find this picture of Tom Turkey on the Internet and printed it out, used a frame I already had and framed him up. He makes me very happy to look at on my living room table(I'm trying not to think about happily eating turkey in a few weeks).

4.This week history was made as we elected Barack Obama as our new Presidentt. Now that it's all over I can be a little more open-as I listened to his speech that night, I was so inspired and I am willing to hang on to the hope that he offers. My sister, Jenni and I sat on the phone taking in the moment. Now I know many of you don't like him but please don't leave disgruntled comments here, just let me be happy.

5. A little quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that I came across this week made me smile so here it is "Women are like tea bags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water." I find this to be a little true-I don't know what I can do until I'm stuck in the middle of it. Made me smile.

Have a great weekend! And don't you love November?(the crunchy leaves, the smell of fall, cold nights, remembering to be grateful, crisp apples, etc..)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yikes, the gash in the duvet cover really is quite pronounced. So sorry! Things done out of naughtiness are a bit harder to take. Hope you can fix it as we said. I LOVE the Eleanor Roosevelt quote. Your turkey turned out cute, if it makes you feel better, maybe we can have lamb for Thanksgiving dinner this year ;) Trent would be so pleased! ;)

karenc said...

can you turn the duvet over??? Its amazing the comments Ive heard about Obama....I am always fortitied by the strength you seem to come up with...I am proud of you and how you handle the crisis in your life..love you.