Thursday, November 27, 2008

Because I Have Been Given Much.....

So at the end of this Thanksgiving night as I reflect on all the things I'm grateful for, I realize my blessings outweigh my whines and complaints. Even during hard times I know that I'm truly blessed in many ways. So here are a few of the many things I'm grateful for tonight....

I'm grateful for a wonderful husband who has stayed with me through thick and thin for 15 1/2 years. I'm grateful for 4 wonderful gifts that I have been privileged to be blessed with, their names are Isabel, Oliver, Miles, and Phoebe. In laughter, play, teaching moments, fighting, frustration, hugs and kisses, there is undeniable, unending love. I'm grateful for wonderful siblings and their families. I have always thought that the more the merrier-and even in our differences and how many there are of us(there is 34 of us in all) we stand together. I know that if I never needed anything, my family would be there-it's a comfort. I miss them especially during the holidays. I'm grateful for wonderful parents, who have given me a foundation and examples of which I try to live up to. I'm grateful for friends that even when I don't have blood family around they become my family here. We sat around the Thanksgiving table today with our friends the Howells and it felt like I was sitting with family. (not nearly as lonely as when we are by ourselves.) I'm grateful for the gospel in my life and the hope and strength that my faith gives me. I'm grateful for my Savior who I know eases my burdens willingly and gives me comfort when I need it the most. I could start getting really frivolous about things I'm grateful for (warm fuzzy socks, diet coke, magazines, books, chocolate, banana ice cream with walnuts, yummy smelling lotion,etc..) you get the idea, but I will stay with the things that truly sustain me. The song that says count your blessings name them one by one and you will see what God has done is very true. I truly feel blessed. I hope wherever you are tonight, you had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and loved ones. I hope you are as full as I am(will I ever feel hungry again?).

Now it's onto the beginning of the Christmas season-I'm so excited! Let the Christmas music, the decorating, the Christmas movie watching, lighting of candles, Santa visiting, cookie making, the snow and cold, kids wish lists, begin!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your list. So many blessings, it is true. We had a great day with you guys, thanks so much for everything. I can't wait to see the tutus and necklaces (esp. Oliver's!) and do our stars. Hope your first day went well!

Paula said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish we could have been there. We are having a great time here though. Thanks for the invite for the party, the girls and I will plan to be there. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I agree we have much to be thankful for.