Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One of Us is going to be Happy

It's Election Day! I live in a split household, where Trent and I are voting for different canidates. We try not to talk too much about it because it usually ends in a draw where neither of us is willing to give in. We'll still love eachother after today no matter what happens. So one of us will be happy and one of us disappointed. I will let you all figure out which one of us it will be. It's an exciting day! I voted early last week and as I turned in my ballot I felt a surge of pride and excitement, knowing that my vote is going to matter this election and what a privelage it is. It was exciting to watch the news this morning and see the long lines everywhere, it's great to see everyone interested this go around. Even my kids are excited. Miles asked this morning if we will know tonight who the president will be, I said I don't know, but we can watch it on tv. He said "good"(what, he'll give up his shows to watch th election? fantastic!) So make sure you vote today. And I say- May the best man win!(as long as it's the one I voted for. I hope)

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Elizabeth, I love how passionate you are about it. I think this is the first time I've ever cared so much. It's exciting.

And when I was reminding myself about the shows that I usually catch on Tuesday night, I wasn't too disappointed that I'd be missing Biggest Loser. It's good reason. I'm with Miles--I just want to know!

Melissa said...

I, too, love your passion. And this year Brian and I are right in line with you and Trent, so we can be split together (I'm with you, B's with T). Should be interesting! And I am still laughing about Isabel's "land wasters" comment! Ahhh, politics.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! We voted the same in my household but I have little hope of a win on my side so at least SOMEONE in your house will be happy.

karenc said...

I say, Yeah Obama!

Chadlee said...

Hi Elizabeth - I just found your blog through Jacqui's. We have family member and neighbor couples who were also split on who they were voting for. It's a relief it's over and we can move forward now!