Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hanging on to Hope


I figure everyone struggles now and again and hopes tomorrow is a better day, so here are some scriptures that give me some hope when needed. I thought scriptures were appropriate since it was Sunday after all. If everything is going fantastic for you I'm glad and you can just ignore this post.
1.Mosiah 24:14 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this I will do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."

2.Psalms 30:5 "...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
3.Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

4.Matthew 11:28,30 " Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
5.John 16:33 "...that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
6. 2 Nephi 31:20 "Wherefore, you must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great scriptures, and lots of great talks of hope over the weekend too. Sometimes we have to really look to find hope, but these scriptures assure us it is there ... somewhere. Thinking of you lots.

Noah And Kai said...

I love the "if everything is going fantastic for you..." comment. I feel like that all the time. Hope is all we've got sometimes...

Manama mama said...

This is a beautiful post--we're thinking of you so much and hoping too.