Sunday, August 10, 2008

While They Were Away

Well a few months ago at a school fundraiser there was a silent auction where Trent got some Rockies baseball tickets. The game was last night there were only 4 tickets, so Trent took all the kids (Phoebe gets in for free).

Front row seats!

I've been thinking of this night wondering what I would do with myself for a few hours of pure quiet. Isn't funny though that it never turns out quite the way you plan it in your head? I end up wondering if they are all having a good time. Anyway I went and got some dinner, brought it back perused some unread magazines, watched some Olympics, folded laundry (not at all what I had in mind!) At about 9:oo at the end of the 7th inning stretch I get a phone call from Trent saying that he is on his way to the emergency room with Oliver and that I need to meet him there to pick up the rest of the kids. His eye and suddenly started swelling shut for no reason. The end of the story is that they think Oliver scratched his cornea. Don't ask me how or why the swelling?

Notice his Right Eye.
Anyway they gave him some antibiotics to put in his eye 4 times a day for 4 days to keep away infection. If the swelling hasn't gone away (which it hasn't) by Monday they want me to take him in to his doctor. I will let you know what happens. It turned out not to be a very relaxing evening after all.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That eye so does not look good. I really hope it's all cleared up before you guys head out of town!

Anonymous said...

yeah his eye looks bad. i hope he gets better. YAY for starting a blog :)