Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homecoming

While I was in Utah this weekend I was able to go home. I know I shouldn't call it home since I don't live there anymore but in some ways it will always be home to me. I took this picture from my parents backyard. This is what I miss most about Utah, is living so close to the mountains. They are right in your backyard.
My parents backyard

Anyway about coming home. My nephew, Alex who is my sister Nan's son came home from his mission to Houston, TX. I was able to go to his homecoming which was great because I missed his farewell. He has grown up so much in the two years he has been gone.


Alex


It was wonderful to see him and hear about all his great experiences. It was also nice to see all my sisters and their families. I haven't seen them since April, which seems like forever ago. It was the icing on a great weekend. Every time I go home it seems like everyone has changed and grown. I will always remember my nieces and nephews at the ages of when I first got married and moved away. I go back and they have all grown up. It seems like we are in a cycle now of saying goodbyes to missionaries. I also have a nephew, Elliot who is serving his mission in Tokyo, Japan and I have a nephew who leaves for the Dominican Republic on Thursday. What great guys they are and I'm grateful for the example they set for my own boys.


Cathy - my oldest sister

Nan - My second oldest sister

Jenni- my third oldest sister
I missed my brothers, they were not able to come.

Trent - relaxing at the homecoming

Kids playing with their cousin Max

Phoebe playing

Miles goofing around

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It was so fun to see some of these pictures, esp. your parents' backyard I have heard so much about! I am so loving that you are a blogger! That picture of your kids with Max is great. And Alex is a handsome returned missionary!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melissa I love seeing all the pictures (and that you are a blogger). Looks like the reunion was fun!