Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Reunion Part one

This past weekend we made the trek to Utah for a family reunion of my mom's family. I haven't been for 7 years due to living away and kids in school. This year I said "we are doing it anyway, no matter what." I need my kids to feel their roots and to have memories of family other than their own. Anyway, we left on Wednesday night and drove to my sister Jenni's house where we stayed until Friday when the reunion started. The reunion was in Paradise, Utah which is just south of Logan, Utah. Most of my mom's family live in Cache Valley. My kids were so excited to go camping they couldn't stand it.

The area was beautiful and it was great to reconnect with cousins, aunts and uncles. All of my cousins now have families so there were lots of friends to be made with my own kids which didn't take very long. Most of the time I just saw my kids at meal times, they were usually off with others having fun at the creek or running around all over the place.

The only thing missing were my parents, so that gives me a reason to go back next year. More to be continued.

This is the typical face of the kids all weekend!

Notice the lack a picture of Isabel. She found new cousins and could never be found except for dinner.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It truly looks dreamy! I am so glad you guys made the effort to go. I'm sure your parents were missed, and felt badly not being there. Next year, though! I can't believe Miles survived a weekend without video games!

The Grannie said...

Liz;
Your mom called this morning to talk to Grandma and she told me your blog address...it is so fun to see all your happenings. Wish I was so good at this but I'm not..oh well!! It was so fun to see all of you and get to know your kids again. Fun to see everyone's pictures.