Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Here's a few things on my mind:

1. As much as I complained that I was ready for summer to end I almost want it back. I forgot about all the homework, the early mornings , activities that go into the night, and feeling busy, busy, busy. I long already for those lazy days of summer.

2.With the Democratic National Convention here in Denver this week no matter what side you are on- I felt inspired.

3. Where did my little boy go? I took Oliver to the doctor this week for his yearly check up and learned that he grew 3 1/2 Inches and gained 10 pounds this year. I couldn't believe it. He's soon not going to be a boy anymore but one day I'm going to blink and he's going to be a man.

Oliver at 2 yrs old

Oliver at 9 yrs old

4.I'm thinking about what I should do with my hair. Do I keep it long, cut it off? I'm never quite happy with my hair. I'm so undecided.

5. I wish that I could have family live closer. There are days that I would love just to sit down face to face with parents and siblings and just have a long talk. The phone is great but face to face is better.

6. I'm stressed out already about Halloween costumes. As much as I love fall and all that it brings. Costumes are one area I am not good at. I don't sew, I'm not creative in that area at all. Usually it somehow comes together, I just wish it wasn't so stressful.

7. Here are just a few things that I'm wishing I could have: for the upcoming season:

Halloween Countdown House

Glitter Halloween Wreath


8. I wish I had more time to read the books on my shelf that are waiting for me. Here are a few that are calling my name: Wednesday Sisters, Sugar Queen, The Way Life Should Be, The Godmother, Rachel and Leah, And Only to Deceive, Gossip of the Starlings. I just need a few quiet hours right?

Here is a few of the covers.

Now that I've emptied my brain, I can go to sleep. It's funny though, sometimes I can ask Trent what he's thinking about and he will say "nothing" Is he for real? I can't imagine that. This is just the tip of the iceberg of things I think about.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow, I guess now you know why Oliver has been eating so much! Crazy growing! Those Halloween decorations are cute, cute, cute - especially that haunted house - LOVE! I happen to love your hair short, you have such a great face for it, but it's cute long too. I hate hair issues. And since Brian and Trent are the same person, I totally get how Trent says he's thinking of nothing lots of times; I can't think of nothing if I try super hard even! Female brains vs. male brains, I guess! See you tonight!

karenc said...

I love going to your site, haven't looked for a couple of days and like magic, your comments and pictures appear. I wish I had a few books on my shelf to read.....I did find a blk on the discarded shelf, which usaully houses Danille Steel and Mary Higgins Clark (you know how I feel about them.) Anyway I found a book by Rick Bragg, called It's all over but the shoutin. so I am reading that. Its so sad...not fiction, I have read one of his other books called Asa's Man. I enjoyed that one too.It might be one for your book club. He is a reporter for the New York times and has won a pulitzer prize....Sometimes I wish my hair would never grow, and sometimes I can't wait for it to grow faster...I am never happy. Love the pictures of the kids....Wish we were there with you. Love you all. Mom