Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Schools In Session

Isabel and I went today for 8th grade registration. Am I really old enough to have someone in 8th grade? It will be her final year of middle school. It all goes by so fast. I liked it better when 9th grade was in junior high. It just seems like once you get to high school you've got one foot out the door almost. I also now know why Trent has taken her to registration for the past 2 years. We stood in so many long lines that never seemed to end. Isabel thought it was great. She said "this is like a big family reunion" Which I replied "yeah, but one I don't want to be at." Oh well, we survived. School starts on the 25th for her.

The boys started last month on July 29th for them, because they are on a year round schedule. So here is pictures from the first day of school that I finally got put on the computer. Oliver is in 4th grade this year with Ms. Stanton, who is a loud boisterous and a little bit chi chi if you know what I mean. But she works the kids hard and Oliver is really liking the year so far.


Miles is in 2nd grade this year with Mrs. Elnicki who is all about warm fuzzies and making the kids feel good about themselves. It's funny how both the boys seem to have gotten teachers that seem to be well suited to them. The only drawback is that Miles is stuck in the trailers all year. Usually the boys switch classrooms every track off but Miles' teacher volunteered for the trailers if she didn't have to move rooms. On back to school night it just seemed a tight fit in the classroom. Miles' hasn't complained and likes school as much as Miles' can.

And how is Phoebe you ask with everyone gone or about to be gone. I truly thought she would really miss the boys while they were gone, but I really think she doesn't mind being the Queen Bee at home while they are away. She is really happy to see them though when they get home.

With each start of the school year I just think time is flying by and the kids just keep getting bigger and bigger. I remember when they were little on those crazy days that you wanted to pull your hair out wishing that they could just go to school. But now that they leave me for most of the day- My wishes have reversed a little bit, and now I wish for a little bit more time with them at home with me. At least I still have Phoebe at home with me for a little while longer....

I hope this year for each of my kids to be a memorable one with new and exciting things to learn and do. Where new friends are met and many successes come to them.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

As I was reading this, I thought about how both boys seemed to get teachers well suited to them - and then saw that you already said that! I really can't believe Isabel is in 8th grade! And I am hoping my Isabel will enjoy being queen bee too, and that time with Connor will be more productive after he's been gone all day. Ready for your trip???