Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Believe In ANGELS


If you've ever wondered if angels exist-let me be the one to tell you, they do.

Elder Jeffrey Holland said in this past conference on the subject of angels "I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with-here, now, every day. some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. some of them gave birth to us.......Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."

Our family during this Christmas season have felt the presence of angels, we may not know exactly who they are-but they have brought more happiness to our family than imagined, and let us know that God never leaves us alone in the challenges of life. I don't know what I have done to deserve this love but I feel it to the core of my being. In the Doctrine and Covenants 84: 88 It says I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left,.....my Spirit shall be in your heart, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." All I can say is I'm being held up by lots of angels known and unknown and I'm so grateful for each and every one. Elder Holland reminds us "that the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal."

I hope that I can try to be a little more angelic myself-and maybe one day be an angel to someone who needs one.............

3 comments:

Erika said...

You are an angel to so many Elizabeth, that's why it's not hard for other angels to want to care for you!

This post was beautiful!

Jacqui said...

Amen. :)

Melanie Arkoudas said...

Elizabeth! Thanks for the good cry! It was a GOOD cry. I loved your post. I have felt those exact same feelings over the past year and a half since we moved. IT has been one of the hardest things I have ever done, but has truly made our family see the hand of God in our lives and see just how many ANGELS are on the Lord's side. Thanks for putting into words such a great post~ Melanie~