Saturday, December 13, 2008

Annual Santa Visit

So it was the day for the annual trip to visit Santa. As you can see most of the kids were happy to sit with Santa and take a picture. Phoebe is scared to death of Santa and would not cooperate at all. She didn't want to even be near him, hence the lack of a smile on her face. I have yet to have one really perfect picture of all the kids with Santa. One of them has always been leary at one time or another. Isn't Santa supposed to be a friendly, lovable, guy that everyone adores? Not for my kids-he has to grow on them. Phoebe wouldn't look at or talk to, let alone sit on his lap. Maybe after the presents he brings her she'll love him a "little" bit more. I can always hope for a great picture next year.

5 comments:

Erika said...

If it makes you feel any better both Cole and Finn are petrified of Santa. When we took them on Sat. Finn let out a high-pitched scream only dogs could hear and that sent Cole running and crying down the hallway.

Do your older ones still believe in Santa?

Melissa said...

Phoebe's face is priceless - it's the first thing I noticed. But have I mentioned lately how beautiful she has become? Darling, all of them.

Jacqui said...

I've never once sat on Santa's lap anywhere but family parties--and that wasn't even until I was an adult and forced to do it by established in-law manners. It kind of creeped me out then, so I can only imagine what that would do to a child :)

What fun that your children have that memory (and you, those photos) to record how they change.

Anonymous said...

Hey sister hart! this is Natalie Bullough. My blog page is yellowpaige.blogspot.com if you want to look at it. you have a cool blog :-)

karenc said...

Liz, think how you'd feel if I took you to a stranger and said, now set on his lap and let him give you a love!!!!!for real!
your were the same way...and secretely I was thankful....cute picture of the kids..Mom