Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's A Pinkalicious Party

Soaking in the pink
Okay-I finally have time to post about Phoebe's party we had on Wednesday morning. Phoebe as most of you know is a very girly. A girl with certain color preferences that she doesn't stray from. It's purple and pink always but recently she's allowed "chocolate" and yellow into her color palette. I found this book called PINKALICIOUS a little while ago, which is about a little girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. So that is what the theme of our party was-everything PINK(I do better with theme parties-it gives me a jumping off point). I made all the little girls pink and purple tutus(don't get excited I didn't sew one inch of it, luckily I have my friend Melissa who was willing to sew the elastic together).

Some of the girls waiting for the party to start. They were all smiling at the end.
We started off reading Pinkalicious and then I had all the little girls(all 9 of them) decorate hot pink foam crowns.


Working hard on the crowns

We did a pinata that was a hot pink princess crown(move out of the way, some of those girls have good arms), it was filled with necklaces,jeweled rings, and candy.


Phoebe taking the first wack
Opening the presents was quite a sight, I started with them all nicely in a circle, but as soon as Phoebe started opening them they were literally all on top trying to see, help, and touch. I tried moving Phoebe back, but they would just move along with her.

Just trying to help out

We then sang and had of course PINK cupcakes(I wish the picture could show really how pretty they looked, if I do say so myself).

Much prettier in person

By then the party was over and Phoebe sadly had to say goodbye to all her "girly" friends. She says she can't wait to have her next party(luckily I have a year to gear up for it). All in all, it was quite glorious and I think everyone had fun. Trent felt a little out of place with all the pinkaliciousness but he was a great sport. You only turn 4 once I say-it might as well be celebrated properly!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Everything looks so perfect! I love the tutus! I am sad Phoebe didn't invite me, I really want one of those tutus.

You are brave having that many little people over. I always stick to the child's age=how many friends can be at the party. You are a great mom.

SnellieFam said...

How darling! You are such a great, creative mom. Bravo!

Melissa said...

It was a fantastic party, we had a great time. Your pictures turned out darling! It was fun sewing the elastic waistbands on Thanksgiving, glad I could help. Phoebe certainly was in pink heaven that day.

On a side note, I am L.O.V.I.N.G. my star. I really didn't feel good last night (have another splitting, nauseating headache today) so I don't think I fully appreciated it last night. It goes beautifully above my fireplace ('cept for that darn blue/green paint...) Where'd you put yours?

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!! PINK everything. I bet Phoebe had a great day.

Noah And Kai said...

I'm so jealous of all that pink! I need a girl!!

Jacqui said...

Ya, that cute party makes me want to have a girl just so I can sew tutus and make crowns. Ok, BK supplied the crowns for our party, but they were not as cute as yours.