Monday, December 1, 2008

Can You Believe She's 4?!

Phoebe 1 Day-old


All the children the day after Phoebe is born

The day has finally arrived, after patiently waiting through everyone's birthday, Phoebe's birthday is here! This is the most excited I think I've ever seen her. It snowed yesterday, and she told me "It snowed for my birthday"(I let her think that, I didn't want to burst her bubble). It's hard to remember a time before Phoebe-it seems like she has always been a part of the family. I waited so patiently to have her come (I had to get Trent on board for a 4th baby first). I was so excited to find out I was having another girl. You always think "how can I love another as much as I love the ones I have?", but somehow your heart expands and makes room for more. Having Phoebe has been sentimental for me, as I've said before since she is my last, and I try to hold onto everything she does knowing that every phase she goes through will be the last one I experience.

She still does this with her hands

Forget this posing stuff - lets get back to the fun!

Just being my cute self

Phoebe is such a joy. She is full of energy, spunk, sassiness, and sweetness. She is a little bit crazy, funny, girly, and she has a never ending supply of hugs and kisses. Demands her place in the family, not as the youngest but as an equal to anyone willing to take her on. She completes our family circle and I can't imagine our family without her. I can't wait to see what adventures are ahead for her and I have so many hopes and dreams for her. She's definitely not a baby anymore as she likes to tell me "I'm a big girl", but I will always think of her as my baby (Trent thinks I'm totally sappy, because as I sit here thinking of her, tears come to my eyes.) My heart is so full knowing that I got to be the lucky one that was chosen and be blessed to be Phoebe's mother.

Relaxing after a long walk (of course with the binky)

Looking sweet

Showing her silly-side

Phoebe enjoying the moment

Hamming it up


I hope that being 4 is a great year for Phoebe!

Finally 4 years old!!!! Ican't believe it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday sweet Phoebe! I loved looking at all these pictures, as she is your only child I have known from the beginning. I remember holding her when she was a newborn and wishing I could have a little girl (lo and behold, 10 months later...) And they all look SO MUCH younger in that group picture when Phoebe was born!

She is such a darling, funny, crazy girl. You are blessed to have her. Can't wait for her party!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Phoebe! I remember taking those picture at the hospital seems like just the other day not 4 years ago!