Thursday, September 11, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

Before the race with her friend Courtney

Today was Isabel's first track meet of the season. This is her 3rd year doing track. It was freezing cold at the meet, it was down in the 50's. We were all cold, hopefully it is not going to stay this way. I don't mind lounging in the sun for a few hours, but today I couldn't wait to get out of the cold. Anyway, back to Isabel. She did great! She ran in two events. She always runs the mile, and today she also ran the 800m relay. I was so proud how well she did. She came in 3rd of all the girls grades 6-8. And her team came in 3rd in the relay of 8th grade girls. It makes me tired just watching her run, and she barely breaks a sweat, I know she doesn't take after me. She is off to a great season and I hope this will be a great year for her in track. Great Job Isabel!!

Isabel running the mile (I know it's blurry, but she is fast)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow - great job Isabel! How fun.

karenc said...

Oh Isabel, I am so proud of you..to see you run for fun...you are great.hope you have a great year. love GT.

Melanie Arkoudas said...

Liz, What a cutie she is! I do not love running either, but totally admire those who can! I am so glad to see your blog. It is so fun to keep in touch with you. You are so cute and such a fun mom!