Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I meant to post this last week on the actual day but of course you all know that my computer was out of sorts. So I'm posting this now because I want to note the day. My parents celebrated their 50th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! It was on September 17th and I just want to wish them a belated Happy Anniversary. It's amazing to reach 50 years! Their love story is one that I hold as an example of how a marriage should be, where two people love each other completely, through good times, bad times, trials and triumphs. They truly have an unbelievable love story, I hope I tell it right. They met each other one summer at the Del Monte bean factory where they were both working. They dated and were married in six weeks. My dad was soon going to Moscow, Idaho to college so they had to move quickly. And the rest they say is history. I remember when I was younger I would be so embarrassed that as soon as my dad walked in the door at 5:30 on the dot the first thing he ever did was to go kiss my mother. (it wasn't just a peck on the cheek either) He would dip her and give her a long kiss, who cares who was watching. I now look back and I wouldn't have a memory any other way. I never doubted the love that they had for each other. I can only say I feel so lucky to have such wonderful parents who are an amazing couple who I feel so lucky to be a part of their family. Victor Hugo wrote "A house is built of sticks and stones and tiles and posts and piers. But a home is built of loving deeds that stand a thousand years" You truly have built a legacy of love that all your family benefits from. So Happy Anniversary, even if it is a little late!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents. They do have a wonderful love story. WOW 50 years. My parents just hit 38 at the beginning of the month.

Noah And Kai said...

I love that picture. You're lucky to have such a great family!

Melissa said...

That is a fantastic story, and a great picture. What a wonderful couple, and example of love and commitment! Clearly you are keeping the tradition, right? I can just picture Trent walking in the door at 5:30 everyday and laying a big one on you!