Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Just Have To Share

You have to use you imagination for the ugly silver

Ok, I always see all these pictures of people finding amazing bargains and turning them into things that are so cute, wondering where they find these treasures. I just have to share that I finally found my own. I was at Target just wandering for a minute as I usually do. On an end cap I see two lanterns. They are by the way shiny, ugly silver but that doesn't stop me. I look to see what the price is, they had been $30.00 a piece and they were marked down to $7.00. It was my lucky day. I thought of all the holidays that I could use them for. I took home my treasures spray painted them black (ok, Trent did), filled them up with some fall things that I already had downstairs, put them on my mantel and stepped back to enjoy. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I think they turned out pretty cute. I think finding them at a bargain price makes them even cuter. Anyway thank you for letting me indulge for a minute.



The finished product

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Super cute! It turned out great - very creative of you! And you think you can only copy ideas... :)

Noah And Kai said...

This is so cute! I have no ability when it comes to seeing things that could be cute and making them cute. I love it....

karenc said...

Wow, I dream of being able to go to Target and walk down all the asiles, and to shop, just because I can. It looks great...and even to buy something just because its cute and not having to worry how I will get it home.love you M.