Friday, March 27, 2009

Thank goodness for Friday

Finally, it snowed!
Phoebe said they were building a bridge for the trolls(go figure)

We haven't really had a winter this year which made me really sad. Here it is the end of March and we finally get some snow. I couldn't be happier. School was canceled Thursday and Friday-my kids thought it was great because this is also the start of track-off for the boys and spring break for Isabel(who doesn't like extra vacation days). The kids got up first thing this morning and got outside to play in the snow. It's too bad it will all be melted before I know it.


Phoebe is the only one willing to pose.


Just a few things to note:

I have to share with you my bargain find-since I don't find them as often as other people. I got these shoes(rather cute I think) for $7.00, can you believe it? They were normally $49.50-I love me a bargain!

This is a shout out to Grandma T. mostly-Isabel got her hair cut and my mom wanted me to show her the new do.

So a few of the things on my to do list:

1.Read all these glorious books from the library-looking at them makes me actually smile, I can't wait.

2.Make some chocolate banana muffins tomorrow-they are to die for and I've got some bananas begging to be used, if you know what I mean.

3.I read two books this week coincidentally about knitting(Knit Two and The Knitting circle) and it makes me actually want to learn how to knit(if any of you know how I feel about sewing might have their jaw on the floor) it just sounds so cozy and therapeutic. My boss at work is a knitter and said if I was serious she would teach me-we'll see if I actually try(it makes me break into a sweat thinking about it).

4.Go on a date with Isabel tomorrow to the Young Women's Broadcast-hopefully it will fill her bucket some and maybe me a little too.

5.Think of some things to do while the kids are on break-if any of you have any great ideas-please share-I'm going to have to get creative.

Anyway, I realize it's a pretty random post and a little bit of everything, but that's how it goes these days-hopefully I made a little sense-
Have a good weekend everybody!

7 comments:

SnellieFam said...

I am looking for track off ideas too! See you tonight!

The Easton Family said...

If I remember correctly, you are right! Those muffins are tremendous! Cute 'do on Isabel!

Jacqui said...

That's a darling photo of Phoebe.

What was that Jodi Picoult? I couldn't read the name on most of those books, unfortunately. You'll have to let me know if they're good reads.

I wanted to learn to knit after I read the Friday night kintting club books. That is darling yarn. What cute mittens it would make!

Noah And Kai said...

That yarn is seriously my favorite. I have some mittens that I made out of it in a different color scheme that is discontinued. Where did you find the picture? I'm going to track it down and find more of it!!
Yes, that is my backyard, and I love it so much. It's the reason i rented this house. I love it way more than I love my house!
And... you have to try Phase 10 Twist! I love it!!

Erika said...

I love your random posts... they are my favorite kind of posts. They show what well-rounded and BUSY women we are!

Isabel's hair is "gorg" (sorry too much Kath and Kim). I also love how bright and shiny PUEBE looks in the snow.

Ideas for off-track... I get a lot of my ideas from Sugar Doodle's boredom busters. We had a a nerf gun war last night. It was a blast and lasted four hours. We all got involved. Pretty fun.

GIRLS' NIGHT? That's a good off-track idea.

Melissa said...

What a great post! The picture of Phoebe is beyond darling, Isabel looks gorgeous with her hair, I love the shoes (might go try to see if they have some in my size even!), can I please have some muffins, and not much is better than a stack of books! My mom left The Lace Reader here for me, it sounds interesting. And at least Thursday is accounted for in terms of busying your kids - see you then!

karenc said...

Dear Liz, Just got back from Galilee and was so happy to see your blog. Isabel I love your hair! YOu look so grown up. Can't wit to see you soon! Phoebe--ilove you so much! I would love to play in the snow with you. I am countaing the days til I see you...be a happy girl!...love Grandma T.