Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm in the Mood For.....

The most wonderful time of year is here!!! FALL!! And I'm so ready for it. So here is what I'm in the mood for-

  • hot apple cider,caramel apples, toffee apple dip, baked apples, apple pie-you get the gist, anything apple will work.
  • down throws to snuggle under
  • sweater weather
  • homemade doughnuts(I hope when my mom comes to visit she'll be up for doing this with me).
  • pumpkins on the porch
  • Halloween decorations
  • books that I save for Fall reading-I tend to read with the season- books that take place on beaches, islands, etc. in summer, heartwarming, sappy christmas books in the winter, -historical, family dramas, magical, suspenseful books for fall.
  • candles burning with fall scents
  • new tv season-I know it's shallow-but I sat watching nothing during the summer and now I'm excited to watch my old favorites-Parenthood, The Good Wife, Modern Family and new favorites- Ringer, Person of Interest, The New Girl
  • Soups, Stews, Roasts, Butternut Squash, Parsnips, pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin bread  and all the other yummy comfort food!
  • General Conference-good reason to take a weekend off from work to fill my bucket.
  • A new fall wreath for my front door. So many cute ones in blogland to be inspired by-now I just have to find the time to make one-felt, yarn?? can't decide yet...
  • leaves changing-and a bite of cool in the air.
Now if we could just get out of having 86 degree days!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

That's a great list!

Melissa said...

Amen sistah!

erinka said...

Have you decided on a wreath yet? What are some good sites to check out for wreaths? Not that I would ever make one. Some fall I might, though, so it's fun to look at ideas.