Thursday, August 18, 2011

What happened to the summer?



I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted. I have no excuses. I also realized I can't play catch up... its too hard. So, we'll just look at Summer- how it came and went in the blink of an eye.


Last day of school for everybody. Big day for Phoebe  where she graduated kindergarten and our  Summer began.

We did a little bit of hiking.
4th of July
Is summer really summer without sno-cones? 
What people do for free food (dressing up like a cow got you free food at Chik-fil-a)
Oliver went to 2 scout camps.
Fun in the sun.
Cooling off in the pool.
Look, she turned 16. How did that happen?!

Making a wish for dates and cars....
Family reunion at the lake
Oliver playing lacrosse... number 22 in the weird shorts
I introduced my kids to shaving cream fights
They loved it.
Isabel and Oliver trying to "cream" their dad.
Oliver turned 12 and made me realize he isn't a little boy anymore.
Oliver the day he received the priesthood.
Hanging with friends.
 Shaving their heads to support their cousin/niece, Brooke, who was diagnosed with cancer. The girls couldn't bring themselves to do it.



And there you have it, summer has come to a close. We crammed quite a bit in, there was also girls camp, youth conference, Miles playing summer baseball, trip to Utah, Grandma Hart visiting, frozen yogurt, staying up late, board games, rootbeer floats, smores, and movies. I don't know if I'm really ready to have it all be over. Oh well, what can you do?





3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Great update! I don't feel like I've missed so much now. Congrats to Isabel for turning 16 and for Oliver for getting the priesthood!

Erika said...

I am so excited that you are blogging again!

Melissa said...

Yay, post! Hope to see more. Love the update; it floors me how old your kids have grown. It even makes ME feel old. Crazy. Have a great school year!