Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Birthday Wish




I'm a little late but want to send out a birthday wish to my DAD whose birthday was yesterday. He's so far away and I wish I could wrap my arms around him and tell him Happy Birthday. I've come to realize that no matter how old I get I will always need my dad. I have so many things I associate with my dad-here's just a few of my favorite.
-he is the most fabulous whistler.

-he has a sweet tooth like no other-he always has a candy stash hidden some place.

-his pockets always had a pocket knife, a coin purse, and a smooth rock.

-he always called me Lipsy as a young girl, and I find it very endearing.

-he has been and always will be my moral compass on what's right and wrong.

-his opinion matters-I value my dad's opinion like no other-I always want to know what my dad thinks about things.

-he likes his naps-he takes it very seriously.
-he has a love for classical music-I remember every Saturday waking up to opera or classical music played very loud.

-he is the smartest person I know, it seems he knows about everything-we could never beat him at the country game(a game we used to play in the car on road trips where we would go around in a circle listing all the countries we knew of).
-he has seen the world and always wanted to see and learn something more.

-I've never heard him speak badly about someone else.
-if I sit and picture my dad anywhere, it would be sitting at his desk in his library or out in the garden working.
-he is the very best listener I know.
I think I'm a pretty lucky girl to have such a wonderful father- I cannot put into words how much I look up to him and love him so very much. He is pretty exceptional. This year I wish him all the happiness he deserves.
Happy Birthday Dad

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

our Dads share a birthday! How fun!

Melissa said...

What a great list. I loved reading it. So glad you will get to see him this spring sometime!

Arizona Moon's said...

Liz!!! I had lost your contact info. & had been thinking alot about you and wondering how you were doing...so I finally googled you and found your blog! Your family is darling and it looks like things are going great! I am so glad. Please email me at alisamoon@q.com and give me your contact info, so that we can catch up! We are in Arizona now and loving it! Please tell your dad happy birthday! -Alisa

Nichol said...

My Dear Liz!!! I found your blog through Alisa she sent it to me on F book.. hello?? get your butt on f.book!! so after reading your blog and listening to the music oh my gosh take me back!! of course Ziggy Marley!! Isabelle is so adorable!! how is it having a teenager? Bronte is 17 now and chloe is 12 so many hormones!! but great shoppers ha ha Love the Easter Dress for Pheobe perfect choice!! your a girl of my own heart!! miss you!! were still in PG just moved up by discovery park I finally got to build a house!! what a journey!! anyway sounds like Colorado is treating you good.. so e-mail me nicholtaylor@gmail.com or just get on facebook!! luv ya darlin give Trent a kick in the butt for me!! is he still golfing?? catch ya later Nichol